12 Aug 2020
Application Modernization with Azure Cloud
Transforming businesses through technology
Application modernization services address the migration of legacy to new applications or platforms, including the integration of new functionality to provide the latest functions to the business. Modernization options include re-platforming, re-hosting, recoding, rearchitecting, re-engineering, interoperability, replacement and retirement, as well as changes to the application architecture to clarify which option should be selected.
Application modernization. Transforming your legacy applications to become more agile and efficient through the power of New IT.
CREATE AN AGILE ENTERPRISE
Are your legacy technology holding your business back? – and the inability to adopt new technology.
Folio1's Application Modernization Services can transform your business and technical environments with modernization and application portfolio management services that leverage innovations in cloud, mobility, cyber, social and analytics.
Through Application Modernization Services, folio1 is unlocking potential capital across your business which can be then redirect to higher-value initiatives and projects that support the business strategy with innovation and differentiation.
- A total cost of ownership typically drops by 20 to 40 percent, largely from eliminating obsolete apps, infrastructure and databases.
- Risk profile is typically strengthened by 10 to 30 percent, largely by replacing custom Microsoft Power Apps or COTS (off-the-shelf).
- Agility typically improvements by 30 to 50 percent, largely by changing the service solution to cloud, SaaS, managed services and business process services (BPS).
We are recognized for our development & partnership with Microsoft Azure Cloud services & solutions services.
We've developed a certification program for Cloud Technology Architects to inject deep technical expertise and quality control.
Latest technology and methods
We continue to invest and develop our intellectual property for application-led cloud services.
Modernizing applications to use Azure platform services maximizes the value of migrating to the cloud. Which applications should you modernize, and how?
One of the most effective ways to realize the benefits of migrating applications and system architectures to the cloud is to utilize PaaS (Platform as a Service) services.
Top 4 things to do
Cloud-native designs offer the greatest cloud benefits. Here are the top 4 things to get you started.
- Understand the benefits of platform vs infrastructure approaches to the cloud
- Build technical expertise in cloud-native design
- Choose which platform services your practice will use
- Build experience at migrating existing applications to platform services
- Focus on building applications and business logic, instead of managing infrastructure, reliability, scalability, and latency.
- Quickly build powerful web, mobile, and API apps using multiple languages / frameworks (.NET, .NET Core, Java, Ruby, Node.js, etc).
- Reliably deploy, update and scale applications effortlessly across many virtual machines, using either Windows or Linux.
- Globally deliver content to any device with low latency.
KEY SERVICES FOR THIS OFFERING
- Virtual Machine Scale Sets: Apply autoscaling to virtual machines for high availability. Create thousands of identical virtual machines in minutes.
- Azure App Service: Quickly create powerful cloud apps using a fully-managed platform.
- Azure Container Services (AKS): Simplify the deployment, management, and operations of Kubernetes
- Service Fabric: Build and operate always-on, scalable, distributed apps. Simplify microservices development and application lifecycle management.
- Azure Functions: Build apps faster with a serverless architecture. Accelerate your development with an event-driven, serverless compute experience.
A great video’s that provide further insights into cloud migration and modernization.
Does your business need to be digitally transformed?