Why Choose Native Application Development?
A native application is written for a specific platform or device, they run locally on that device. These applications may interact with the internet but do not require it. Native apps are developed using IDE (integrated development environment) software, which is specific to your target device.
Choosing to develop a native application can provide some significant performance benefits including:
- Faster graphics using API (application programming interface). This is especially important when the software is using a lot of data and requires a fast refresh rate.
- Experiencing fluid animation in the application. This is particularly important in gaming, interactive reporting, or intensely computational algorithms for transforming photos and sounds.
- Ability to use multi-touch, double taps, pinch-spread and other gestures.
- Utilizing integrated features within the device, such as the address book, camera and geolocation. Encrypted storage is another important component.
- Easier API access for other device and operating system features.
The main difference between native applications and those developed using HTML5, for example, is that they do not require internet access to be usable. This can be a tremendous advantage to end users. Developers can utilize the device''s local resources and tailor the app the take full advantage of the platform''s specific strengths. When an app is coded or tailored to a particular device the performance is notably improved.
Using native application development you can provide your users with the best experience. They can search for your app in the store and load it immediately. The application will be tailored to the device so they get fast performance, and consistent platform look and feel. Native applications provide everything the user would expect from the company that built the device, as if it were meant to be.
Folio1 can help you bring your application visions to life. contact us today to find out more.