The Dos and Donts of Social Media
The Do''s and Don''ts of Social Media & Content for Businesses
When it comes to social media & content for businesses, there''s always a question of what is, and isn''t, appropriate to post. Here, then, is a brief list of do''s and don''ts when it comes to social media & content for businesses.
- DO know who you are. Understand your brand''s identity, and what that identity entails, and make sure that the content you post is in line with this brand identity.
- DO make sure that you hire a professional. A social media professional will be able to track your goals and keep you on point with all of the trends on each platform.
- DO make sure that all of your social media profiles are completed in full -- complete with photos, links, and brief bio.
- DON''T assume that just because you''re on a social media platform, that you know everything about it. (This is the reason that you should hire a professional in the first place.)
- DON''T try to be everywhere all the time. It can be a full-time job just keeping up with all of the social media platforms that are out there.
- DON''T forget the basic rules of social media etiquette: don''t overshare, DON''T WRITE IN ALL CAPS, and don''t abuse the hashtag.