UI/UX Senior Lead Designer
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
At folio1, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful & amazing ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, to design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a folio1 UI/UX Senior Lead Designer, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of amazing ideas, products and services. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.On any given day you might
- Define design principles (e.g. the Double Diamond) and facilitate creative workshops with clients.
- Experience of delivering mobile, responsive and systematic designs via an agile methodology.
- Direct design across various touchpoints, e.g. websites, mobile, apps and in-store.
- Manage formal design critique sessions and participate in daily stand-ups.
- Confidently present design work to C-suite stakeholders and build trusting relationships.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget, and to the highest quality.
- Share knowledge with wider Design and folio1 teams, mentoring junior designers.
- Ensure a collaborative ‘one team’ approach to client and agency.
- Be a brand advisor & ambassador to clients.
- Lead a team and client to create meaningful work.
- Be "hands-on tools" required.
- 5+ years in a dedicated digital design role (agency or client-side).
- Exceptional design aesthetics and extreme attention to detail.
- Experience of working on responsive, design-focused projects.
- Strong experience across Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision & UX Pin.
- Proficient in user-centred design methodologies and design thinking.
- Previous retail and e-commerce design experience highly desirable.
- The opportunity to learn and grow with a professional, innovative team
- Ongoing personal and professional development
- A professional development budget and planning
- A commitment to work/life balance
Note: This is a part-time/freelancers or consultant that are looking at moving into a full-time role and Australian residents need only apply.