Full Stack Java/Angular Engineer - Contract role
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
folio1 is looking for experienced Full Stack Java/Angular Engineer to create & deliver high-performing enterprise level applications Microservices solutions.
We are looking for a passionate, skilled Full Stack Java/Angular Engineerwho isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty with different technologies to support existing and new client development in digital solutions. You’ll need to be able to communicate with clients and different areas of our business and think outside of the box to get the job done. In exchange, we offer an adult working environment/working remotely for you to grow your talents, be self-motivated and make a major contribution.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Full Stack Java/Angular Engineer at folio1.
On any given day you might
- Building enterprise level applications Microservices using Java, Spring Boot, React / Angular, SQL/noSQL databases.
- Collaborate with designers to build interactive web experiences
- Follow and create technical specifications
- Follow established development processes, and communicate key creative and marketing principles
- Document and diagram complex applications
- Use Grunt or Gulp to streamline development tasks
- Integrate code with other technologies (REST Web Services, CMS / Commerce systems, 3rd party APIs, etc.)
- Unit testing to a 100% code coverage standard
- building enterprise level applications Microservices using Java, Spring Boot, React / Angular, SQL/noSQL database
- Experience with Tomcat, Gradle, Hystrix Circuit Breakers, Testing tools such as Selenium and cucumber.
The Ideal Person
- Knows the latest trends and technologies, and is passionate about creating immersive experiences
Has extensive experience in hand coding of HTML5, CSS3, JS
- Loves working with JS libraries like Angular, Backbone, and jQuery
- Has experience with source control, such as Git and Bitbucket
- Understands cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Understands on-page SEO and Accessibility
- Is skilled at using MVC and other design patterns
- Has experience working with REST services and 3rd party APIs using AJAX / JSON
- Expert level skills in either JAVA or Angular (TypeScript)
- Experience with Typescript or Angular 2
- Experience with Closure compiler
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 4+ years’ experience
- Experience working on large service utility and finance web application
- Experience with static site generators (Middleman, Jekyll)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- An ability to mentor junior technical staff
- A commitment to achieving aggressive team goals
You’ll be offered
- The opportunity to learn and grow with a professional, innovative team
- Ongoing personal and professional development
- A professional development budget and planning
- A commitment to work/life balance
Note: This is a Contract role and Australian residents need only apply.