Azure Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - Contract role
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer delivers technical solutions and support to customers allowing them to maximize their investment in cloud technology.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success implementing cloud-based solutions, migrating workloads to the cloud, and experience with connecting and managing hybrid cloud environments. Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, consultants will work with customers in:
- The delivery of high-quality engagements around Microsoft's solution areas, technologies and products in diverse client environments.
- The design and development of integrated solutions using the latest Microsoft products and technologies.
- Understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure and operations implications of the developed solution.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design including private and public cloud, networking, virtualization, identity, security and storage.
- Understanding of how to build resilient multi-site architectures.
- Experience with Windows, Linux and OSS technologies.
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell DSC, Chef, ARM Templates, and Puppet.
- Experience with deploying and managing the infrastructure for databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, Maria, Cassandra
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: PowerShell, Bash, .NET, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails.
- Skills & experience in Azure AD B2c Migration and Custom policies.
- Services project management.
- Building customer/partner relationships.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow-through.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in a consulting/architecture position within a software and/or services company.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
Project Experience Type/Qualities
- 5+ years senior (Tier 3) level support with cloud infrastructure as part of responsibilities.
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on-premise workloads to the cloud.
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams.
Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Azure Active Directory, Operations Management Suite, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure App Services, Azure Storage, Azure AD B2c, Azure CDN, Azure frontdoor, Azure Import/Export, Azure SQL Database, Azure Web Jobs, Azure ExpressRoute, MySQL, SQL Server, SQL Server IaaS, SharePoint on Azure, AWS EC2, S3, DirectConnect, Hyper-V, VMWare, System Center, Citrix, StorSimple, SAN, firewalls, web app proxies, PowerShell, Bash, JSON, ARM Templates, BGP, Site-to-Site VPN, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Windows Server, Linux, OSS Technologies, Azure SQL Database, MySQL, Azure SQL DW, Azure DB for MySQL, Azure Cosmos DB, SQL Server, SQL Server on Azure IaaS, SharePoint on Azure, AWS EC2, S3, AWS DirectConnect.
Must have one of the following Microsoft certifications will be highly regarded
- AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- AZ-300 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
- AZ-203 Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure
At folio1 we pride our self on being populated with very accomplished professionals - people who can self-manage, who know what they need to do and who enjoy working in an organisation with a relatively lean management structure. Our team is highly collaborative, and a key part of taking ownership of your role at folio1 is knowing when to ask for help and when to offer it to others.
folio1 embraces the Modern Workplace
This role would be suitable for a senior consultant that loves working on-site with clients & can work remotely when not requested in the office. We provide our consultant with Microsoft Surface laptops, to work remotely.
Only candidates eligible to work in Australia will be considered at this time.
No Agency Enquiries.